Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Airport observations

For the second week in a row, weather has lengthened my stay in McAllen, Texas. I do have to say though, free airport terminal wireless internet is great.

*I will avoid the obvious question of "What are you doing in an airport on the 4th of July?"*

So therefore I will take this time to make a few airport observations:

- Baby leashes are ignorant and parents who use them should be forced to wear one too.
- Electrical outlets are put in the most inconvenient places = nowhere near chairs.
- Airport terminal floors are uncomfortable.
- If you want to know why your flight is delayed and when it will be leaving, stand in line like the rest of us and wait your turn to ask the attendant yourself. Don't ask me when I walk back to my uncomfortable spot on the floor next to an electrical outlet.
- Resist the temptation to start a detox fast diet on your way to the airport and go to Whataburger to get a double - your plane may be delayed.
- Don't offer to work on the 4th of July. Damn - just answered the obvious question.

No comments: