Monday, July 9, 2007

Word of caution to business travelers flying out of Springfield, MO

DON'T DO IT!

Yet again I am stuck in a hotel in a city I am not supposed to be in. I know I should have flown out of STL instead of SGF.

Two problems caused this travel mishap...
1.) Weather - again, flights in and out of Dallas were delayed
2.) Mechanical malfunction - the cancellation notice wasn't given for 2 hours. Thankfully I was already in line to rebook my flights when the announcement came over the loudspeaker and pandemonium ensued. Again, the argument for carrying on instead of checking rang true.

Since all flights to Laredo are full through the afternoon I am flying into Dallas and then on to San Antonio and then driving 2-1/2 hours to Laredo. And they say getting there is half the fun!

2 comments:

ems said...

See, now I completely believe the "carry on" vs. "check" truth. However, what can be done for long flights where you'll be spending over a week at your destination? You have no choice but to check, right? And then you're screwed at destination when you have no luggage....

dancanrun77 said...

Suck it up, pack light, and carry-on! Or pack extra undies and other things on carry-on to supplement checked luggage.