Sunday, June 3, 2007

More water in my ear than in the lake

I went out on the boat today with the gang from work and I made my first attempt at water skiing. This was proceeded by the jeers of one of our interns to "man up." Of course you can't follow up that type of trash talk with "I think I'll do it later." This sad sad spectacle once again proved that God never intended for me to have anything on my feet but socks and shoes. After 10 frustrating attempts I decided I would try another day and give someone else a chance to actually ski instead of turning laps in the boat around me while trying to grab onto the rope. If the water was more stable I think I'd have a shot.

I did replace my frustration at my ill fated attempts at standing on water with holding on for dear life on the tube - hence the water in my ear. I will be sleeping on my right side tonight to try and get it out. I have a headache from trying to shake it out of my head - and I know I'm "this close" to getting it out. Despite half of Norfork Lake drowning my inner ear, I enjoyed the day on the boat, eating sunflower seeds and getting mildly burned.

I need to run this week - I haven't run since I was in Indy a month ago...jeez, a month ago. Even though it is the beginning of June I feel that it is almost over. I'll be in West Plains two days this week, traveling to Hanover, IL to visit their plant for a few days, golf outing on Friday, Cards game on Sunday, fly to LA for a week on Monday...life is passing before my eyes - I need to slow down and enjoy.

1 comment:

ems said...

Um, I'm going to need to see pictures of the waterskiing adventure... :-)